Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon claims to be “the world’s lightest 14-inch professional Ultrabook.” This Ultrabook “exceeds Ultrabook specifications” as Lenovo says with its premium Carbon Fiber roll cage enclosure and full package weighing in at 3 pounds.
This notebook has a 14-inch display which works with Vibrant Hi-Resolution technology, it being 1600 x 900 pixel resolution with a thin bezel and 300 nit brightness. The keyboard is Lenovo’s latest setup with backlighting as well, so get prepped for a premium experience.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon comes with 3rd Generation Intel Core options, Dolby Home Theater v4 for audio, and ThinkPad Enhanced Experience 3.0 software to keep you strong in the innards. You’ve got the ability to connect this notebook with Mobile Broadband 3G, vPro technology keeps you up to date on the latest enterprise manageability options, and you’ve got Rapid Charge as an option, this being the ability to charge your computer up to 80% in an amazing 30 minutes.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Price and Release date
Pricing has not been made public but this is clearly going to be a device that extends will into the $2K range. As far as we can tell, Lenovo did not announce any Ivy Bridge update for the existing X1. Availability: Summer 2012
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Specifications
- Screen size: 14? inch Display with Vibrant Hi-Resolution Technology
- Display Resolution: 1600 x 900 pixels
- Operating System: Windows 7 OS
- CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge Processor
- Mobile Broadband 3G Support
- RAM: Up to 8GB DDR3
- Front-facing Camera with Face Tracking
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- SD Card Reader
- Slots: 2 x USB, mini Display port
- Wireless LAN Connectivity
- Optical Trackpad with Pointing Stick
- Integrated ThinkPad Enhanced Experience 3.0 Software
- Weight: 1.4 kg
- Available Color: Black