LG A540 Review and Specifications
LG Electronics has expanded its LG A540 3notebook lineup with the 3D-capable A540-T/D and the 2D but AH-IPS equipped A540-P. The first of the group, the glasses-free, 3D-capable A540-H, was introduced at CES. The T/D uses passive 3D glasses and uses the webcam to track users’ eyes, maximizing the effect.
The aluminum-bodied notebook can also convert 2D content to 3D when users press a dedicated button. The notebook is SRS Premium Sound 5.1-certified, but only has four speakers and a subwoofer.
LG A540 is a stylish 3D notebook featuring 15.6 inch LED display with option of glass free 3D, 3D HD or non 3D HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS display and is powered by Intel Core i5/i7 Processor and option of NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M Graphics .
LG A540 supports 1024GB hard disk, 8GB DDR3 RAM, integrated webcam with built in microphone and Bluetooth( v3.0) and Wi-Fi connectivity. It features 7 in 1 memory card reader, 1 USB3.0 port, 2 USB2.0 ports, HDMI port and runs on Windows 7 Home Premium OS.
LG A540 Prices
As for pricing, the glasses-free laptop starts at about $2,000, while the IPS model starts at about $1,700 and the standard 3D model coming in at about $1,500.
LG A540 Specifications
- Display: 15.6-inch 3D Glasses-free
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or i5 Processor
- Chipset: N/A
- Graphics: NIVIDA GeForce GT 555M
- RAM: DDR3 8 GB (Max)
- Hard Disk: Max. 1TB
- Optical Disk Drive: N/A
- Web camera: Dual3D HD Webcam with Stereo Mic
- Speaker: 4.1 Channel Speaker
- LAN: Gigabit
- Wireless: Intel Advanced N/6205 (802.11 agn (2×2) )
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0 + HS (high speed)
- Ports: HP Out, Mic In, USB 2.0 (x2) , USB 3.0 (x1) , HDMI (1.4) , VGA, RJ45, DC-In
- Card Reader: 7-in-1: SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS 104) , MMC, xD, MS, MS Pro
- Battery: 6 Cell (Li-Ion)
- Dimensions: 371.8 x 247.8 x 33.0 ~38.1mm
- Weight: 2.6 kg