As we know so far that MacBook Air is the thinnest notebook ever then you can say that Samsung 9 Series Series is a head to head competitor to MacBook Air. The differences in size and weight may amount to not much more than a rounding error—2.89 pounds to the Air’s 2.9, and profiles of .64 inches versus .68. Samsung 9 Series is said to be the thinnest and lightest 13-inch notebook available.
The 13.3-inch 9 Series features a LED-backlit screen, offering the highest quality visual experience from SuperBright Plus display with 400- nit brightness. Digital images and multimedia are brought to life on Samsung 9 Series, assisted by a 100,000:1 contrast ratio and true-to-life color reproduction (16 million colors), enriching the computing experience for end users. It brings together new Intel Core i5 2537M processor, 128GB SSD, and 4GB of RAM.
Ensuring to be ready to use anytime anywhere, the 9 Series uses Samsung’s new power-efficient lithium polymer batteries, and achieves up to 6.5 hours of battery life on average.
Focusing on its connectivity, the new 9 Series boasts USB 3.0, Bluetooth 3.0, built-in WiMax[i] and utilizes the latest in Wi-Fi and USB Sleep & Charge technologies.
Samsung 9 Series Specs :
- CPU: Second Generation Intel Core i5 Processor 2537M (1.40 GHz, 3MB; turbo up to 2.3 GHz)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) / Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
- Memory: 4GB DDR3
- Hard drive: 128GB Solid State Drive
- Screen: 13.3-inch HD LED-backlit SuperBright Plus display (400 nits)
- Screen resolution: 1366×768
- Graphics: Intel HD GT2 integrated graphics
- Speakers: 3 watt (1.5W x 2) stereo speakers and 1.5 watt sub-woofer
- Battery: Lithium polymer; up to 6.5 hours backup
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n; WiMax
- Weight: 2.89 pounds
The 9 Series comes this February with a starting price of $1600.
You might also want to read these: